Saturday, April 9, 2016

Linus Torvalds Ted Talk Feb 2016

Linus Torvalds is the person behind Linux.

I will spare you the long bio details, if you are looking for that I suggest you to read his Wikipedia page Here

Linus torvalds Ted Talk

 

Linus Torvalds Ted Talk review and opinion


In a rare interview with TED Curator Chris Anderson, Linus Torvalds discusses with remarkable openness the personality traits that prompted his unique philosophy of work, engineering and life. "I am not a visionary, I'm an engineer," proclaims Torvalds. "I'm perfectly happy with all the people who are walking around and just staring at the clouds ... but I'm looking at the ground, and I want to fix the pothole that's right in front of me before I fall in."

This are two quotes from this great Ted talk. The video as 21.30 minutes so it is not a boring long interview at all. Everyone can and should take a look at it.

Linus Torvalds is no entertainer, he his a programmer. But the interview gives us access to the "Human" side of Torvalds and as great entertainment value, even if you are not into technology and Linux.

The interview takes us behind the story of how linux was created, and explain how and why Linus Torvalds as chosen to make Linux open source, instead of going the easier commercial route.

The big controversy point on the interview is when Linus Torvalds chooses Edison over Teslateslavsedison

Personally I would take Tesla over Edison any day :) But Torvalds point was that Edison actually got the job done, while Tesla would have great ideas but no final product.

You can watch the video below, or just see it on the official TED webpage LINK

 

 


Linus Torvalds Ted Talk Feb 2016


http://www.ted.com/talks/linus_torvalds_the_mind_behind_linux#t-75602

 

As always, If you enjoyed this article please do share it by using the social buttons below (Facebook, Twitter, Stumbleupon, etc)
Really soon, I will update with another news article, a onion website review, some downloads, good tips, etc. you will need to pass by again to see what changed.
Stay tuned I will upload something new very soon, thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment